Saturday, October 26, 2013

Time Well Spent


     I must admit this has been one of my favorite course's at Walden University. I have gained great insight on how to create a Community of Practice and the definition of what a Community of Practice is within my community. A Community of Practice is a group of people that share the same vision, goals, and resources. I also learned a lot about Leadership Roles and the importance of inspiring and motivating your team members. A leader should always lead by example and create a pleasant working environment. I learned about the Challenges that I may encounter in the field of Early Childhood as it relates to my Community of Practice. The challenges may occur when bringing awareness to the community about prevention of Gun Violence among Young Children. To collaborate and share resources with families and leaders in the community. My long term goals are to obtain my Masters Degree in the field of Early Childhood. To continue to advocate for young children and work with professionals in developing solutions for poverty, gun violence, and poverty within our community. I would like to wish all my colleagues a successful journey in the field of Early Childhood. My favorite quote is "The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows."- Sydney J. Harris

                                                           Thanks: Stephanie Rickenbacker

No comments: